Offset printing, also known as Lithographic printing, was invented at the beginning of the 20th century and is the most widely used printing technique today. The technology uses aluminium plates and printing inks to transfer the image onto a cylindrical rubber blanket, that in turns rolls onto the paper or board material, thus offsetting the image. It is the best choice when larger quantities are needed, or when specific colours need to be reproduced.
Quality Press utilises offset printing, when producing stationery, leaflets, direct mail, brochures, magazines, catalogues, directories, folders and creative packaging. It allows us to use many kinds of paper stocks and thicknesses, to match our client’s needs and the intended use of the printed material. We can also apply anti-scuff varnishes and gloss embellishments to add even greater quality to your printed collateral.
Our prepress and offset printing operation is ISO 12647-2 Certified, which is an international standard for colour reproduction and management. This means we match the colours exactly as per your artwork, or the designs that we have created for you. The technology available to us, allows for the quality of the printed material to be constantly monitored and adjusted, from the 1st sheet, through to the last, ensuring your job has no imperfections.
What are the advantages of offset printing:
- Larger quantities can be produced more cost effectively
- A greater choice of paper and board materials can be used
- Bigger sheet sizes can be sourced which is great for packaging
- Pantone, metallic and fluorescent inks can be used as well as special custom colours
- Delivers the highest print quality, with greater detail and colour clarity.
Why choose Quality Press for your offset printing needs:
- Quality Press has five offset printing machines to cater for any job
- We can print onto rolls or sheets of paper, keeping it cost effective
- From a lightweight 55gsm up to a bulky 450gsm, we can handle it
- An expansive range of sizes from 99 x 210mm up to 700 x 1000mm
- We can print both sides at the same time, which equals less waste and faster printing
- Anti-scuff varnishes or gloss embellishments can be added whilst printing.
- With machine speeds up to 15,000 sheets per hour, you won’t have to wait long
- We have won countless printing craftsmanship awards for work produced for proud clients
- You can come and watch your job being printed
We would love the opportunity to discuss how Quality Press can use offset printing for your next printing project and look forward to working with you soon.